The Employment and Education working group scope includes policy, systems, and services research related to employment and self-sufficiency of people with disabilities, and youth transition to work.
- Hugh Berry, NIDILRR, Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), email@example.com
- Dawn Carlson, PhD, NIDILRR, Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Dawn.Carlson@ed.gov
- David Rosenblum, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Rosenblum.David.B@dol.gov
- April Trice, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), U.S. Department of Education (ED), firstname.lastname@example.org
- No meetings are scheduled at this time. Please contact ICDR if you'd like to be involved.
- Starting in May 2020, the Work Group began planning for a virtual symposium on employment for youth disabilities in the fall of 2020.
- 02/26/20: The Work Group met to discuss moving forward. They have started gathering input for possible experts in the field who could present during the Transition Research Academy. Discussion items included timeline, meeting format, and the EE's vision about the proposed meeting.
- 01/29/20: The EE Working Group has been meeting monthly. They met and discussed moving forward. It will be helpful to have a date, and an understanding on the resources that are available in order to start planning.
- 12/11/19: Working group discussed the possibility of making their Transition Academy a track at the ICDR State of the Science meeting. The group had proposed a meeting focused on the methodology for transitions research, with an emphasis on scale up. The group began brainstorming and collecting suggestions.
- 09/11/19: The co-chairs contacted previous participants in the EE Working Group to recruit members. There have been some positive responses from these contacts. Now that the Strategic Plan has been made public, the group plans to contact previous participants from the private sector. The goals and timelines as noted in the Strategic Plan are feasible.